A blogger platform is a program used to create a blog. These programs are either free or charge a monthly fee. How do you decide which platform works for you?
Well, it depends on the what you goals you want you blog to achieve:
- Are you creating a word heavy blog?
- Do you need the versatility of templates?
- Are analytics critical to your blog success?
- Is your blog personal and only for you to read?
- Do you want to grow a social platform?
- Will your blog be rich with photos or video?
- How critical is the analysis of feedback?
- Do you want to make money with your blog?
I use Blogger because it was part of my Gmail offerings and several of my writer colleagues suggested it. Wordpress also was suggested to me, but I personally did not find it as easy to set up as Blogger. Again, your blogger platform depends on your needs (visual, statistical, technical) and your ability to manage those needs.
Platform is important. You want it flexible enough to work for you while your developing your social network while it gives you enough room to experiment with your site. You don't want to have to change your platform in a year or even three years.
The platform is like finding a business location. You want a place that handles your traffic and encourages new readers
These links can assist you in finding the right platform for you.
http://www.bloggingbasics101.com/choosing-a-blogging-platform-quick-reference/ (pros and cons)